1.The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; "7" was
selected because the original containers were 7 ounces.
"UP" indicated the direction of the bubbles.
2. Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray
blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're
3. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at
least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne
particles resulting from the flush.
4. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as
substitute for blood plasma.
5. American car horns beep in the tone of F.
6. No piece of paper can be folded more than 7 times.
7. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
8. 1 in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.
9. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching
10. Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty
years of age or older.
11. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
12. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
13. A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright
brother's first flight.
14. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1
olive from each salad served in first-class.
15. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
16. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's
"Born in the USA."
17. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you
up in the morning.
18. The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number
of varieties of pickles the company once had.
19. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called
20. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead
21. The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung
22. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
23. Betsy Ross is the only real person to ever have been the
head on a Pez dispenser.
24. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than
all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
25. Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an
abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.
26. Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
27. All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't
like being seen wearing them in public.
28. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
29. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing
her hands in jelly.
30. Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
31. Pearls melt in vinegar.
32. It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough
leather for a year's supply of footballs.
33. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads
for dating are already married.
34. The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro,
CocaCola, and Budweiser, in that order.
35. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs... but not
36. Average life span of a major league baseball: seven
37. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
38. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from
the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The
horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out
how to walk up straight staircases
39. Richard Milhouse Nixon was the first US president whose
name contains all the letters from the word "criminal."
40. The second? William Jefferson Clinton